Re: keyboard layout

Michael, Adam, people,

2010/10/5 Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost>

* every ADB keyboard event consists of up to two scancodes, in almost all cases the 2nd one is unused and should be ff. On some keyboards the power button sends an event using both bytes.
* the scancodes are 7 bit wide, the upper bit is used to indicate wether the key was pressed or released.
So, before turning it on I'd strongly recommend setting up sshd or some other way to log into the machine over the network.

I'm sorry for the long delay. Admittedly I got disheartened and gave up.

I saw the scancodes.  But that was too much for me. I'm a beginner, after all.

Now, I managed to get a spare intel based machine and I'm trying again on a somewhat less requiring hardware. I want some immediate reward before I have to deal with the keyboard scancodes ! ;-)

I have to say it's better, the installation was flawless, the keyboard works like a charm, the DHCP client got up in a breeze.

Now I'm considering installing some additional software starting from a desktop environment.

I just wanted to thank you all for your kindness.

And of course, in case I get stuck somewhere else, I'll let you know, trying not to bother you too much ;-)

Thank you people