Re: keyboard layout

Michael,

2010/9/22 Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost>

That implies that you already have the kernel source ;)

that's a whole slew of information you gave me, here; thank you so much

Specifically I didn't suspect that the kernel could be built on Linux. Yes, I have an Ubuntu based laptop with a rather modern cpu and tons of ram and I'm confident that it's better suited to the kernel compilation than the iBook, that has just 256 Mb if I recall correctly.

I just downloaded the src.tgz file now and I'm gonna see if it's true that I'm able to compile it with no incident.

Should I be able, I'd start consulting the man(s) you suggested and then write the piece for my keyboard.

I'll let you know.

Thanks again
Cato