RE: loadbsd and color Xorg wsfb/Amiga current status

From: David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost>
Sent: domingo, 26 de febrero de 2023 16:08

> Nice. As you said, not blazing fast, but pretty impressive for
> a home machine from 1992, with an upgrade holding a CPU
> designed in 1994 :)

Absolutely agree. It is so impressive current versions run on the Amiga at acceptable speeds. I make the video captures to show people how efficient NetBSD is and what an Amiga can do nowadays.

> IIRC nia@ and others spent some time getting ctwm imported and
> set up to provide a better (but still lightweight) default
> window manager, and amiga is a perfect port to showcase it

A very good and tasteful work, I really liked it.

> I noticed a warning about dhcpd in the boot - do you have dhcpd=YES in rc.conf
> (I think dhcpcd=YES is usually what is wanted)

Yeah, it was just a typo, but as it was just a quick test I didn't bother in fixing and capturing the video again. Thanks for pointing out anyway.

> I tend to just use the stock NetBSD ftp as a minimal ftp + http
> + https download tool, but I agree wget & curl provide more bells
> & whistles.

I didn't know NetBSD's ftp handled http downloads as well! I am quite used to GNU/Linux, but there are many things I still have to learn regarding the BSD family in general and NetBSD specifically :)

Thanks for the comments!
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org | https://calnus.com