Re: travails of the pixman upgrade [Was: Is pango still broken? (vim-gtk2 won't build)]

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:39 -0400, "Ian D. Leroux"
<idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost>
wrote:
> I don't either, but I'm now sure that the build is somehow finding
> the base (xsrc) pixman. If I move the base libpixman out of the
> way the build succeeds.

Which, come to think of it, is not altogether surprising: the flags used
in the failing configure test include -R/usr/X11R7/lib, and the
buildlink documentation explicitly states that it doesn't insulate the
pkg build from base headers and libraries.  So it's expected that
packages being built will have access to both the xsrc pixman:

/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1.a
/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1.so
/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1.so.0
/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1.so.0.12.0
/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1_p.a
/usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1_pic.a

and the pkgsrc pixman:

/usr/pkg/lib/libpixman-1.a
/usr/pkg/lib/libpixman-1.la
/usr/pkg/lib/libpixman-1.so
/usr/pkg/lib/libpixman-1.so.0
/usr/pkg/lib/libpixman-1.so.0.18.4

the latter via work/.buildlink/lib

What mechanism is supposed to select the latter over the former?
Whatever it is, it seems to be working part of the time, since

spip:/usr/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2/work/.buildlink/lib$ ldd libpangocairo-1.0.so
|grep pixman
        -lpixman-1.0 => /usr/pkg/lib/libpixman-1.so.0

But failing for make configure, since at that point it clearly sees the
xsrc pixman with the missing symbols unless I remove the xsrc pixman,
in which case everything compiles properly.

Hoping someone can teach me where to look next.

Ian Leroux