Re: Is pango still broken? (vim-gtk2 won't build)

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 01:26:50PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> So you're saying that your /usr/X11R7/lib/pkgconfig/pixman-1.pc on
> -current built after Sep 15 still says "Version: 0.18.2" because the
> Makefile rules are not correct?
>
> If that's not what you're saying, please explain :)

Overall there are 2 things:
- I think the Ian is running NetBSD 5.0.2, and is probably hitting
  gtk+ configure failing while trying to work out pango compile flags
  because for some reason cairo doesn't see symbols in libpixman.
  (I have no idea why - take a look at gtk2's config.log output...)
- I was burned by updating -current xsrc. There doesn't seem to be
  a dependency in the Makefile rules to say "regenerate the pkgconfig
  .pc file if configure (or config.h) changes" - only if the .pc.in
  file changes. So I had a new library but an old .pc file.
  That's why I was confused when you wrote that pkgsrc didn't use
  the pixman in pkgsrc if you had updated -current: I had updated
  -current but pkgsrc carried on building pkgsrc pixman.

The -current "work around" if that is what it is, is
cd /usr/src/external/mit/xorg/lib/pixman
make cleandir (to get rid of the old pixman-1.pc file)
make install
cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/x11-links
make replace
Now pkgsrc knows about the new base pixman

pkg_delete -r pixman  / cleanout any leftover work directories
make at will (eg firefox is compiling away for me at the moment)

I still don't understand
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2010/09/17/msg012811.html

Cheers,

Patrick