Re: Is pango still broken? (vim-gtk2 won't build)

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 08:48:03AM -0400, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
>> With a pkgsrc updated in the last hour, and after running make replace
>> for x11-links and cairo, configure for gtk2 still fails in the same
>> place.
>
> Oh, you run 'make replace'?
>
> Then please replace all intermediate packages as well.
> At least pixman and pango.

One thing people using pkg_rr should be aware of is that pkgsrc doesn't
explicitly record dependencies that are part of the base system.  So
cairo depends on libpixman, but on one of my systems that's from xsrc.
Then, if cairo gets rebuilt, it will force pkgsrc libpixman.

(speculating) Then, gtk2 may be rebuilt, and be trying to link both base
libpixman and pkgsrc libpixman from two different pc files, and this
might fail.

So once pkgsrc libpixman is built, and package depending on xsrc
libpixman should be marked unsafe_depends.

I don't think bulk builds solve this either - I think the really tricky
part is when some programs require newer libpixman than the base
demanded in builtin.mk and some don't.  The way to fix it may be to bump
the base requirement in those cases, since a halfway-solution is a mess.

I am not sure I really understand this though.