pkgsrc and HP-UX 11.11

Hi,
Has anyone managed to build devel/pcre and devel/glib2 on PA-RISC HP-UX 11.11?
These dependent packages are necessary to build sysutils/mc.
I use hp-gcc64 form itrc.hp.com to build 64 bit ELF progams and not
the gcc provided in pkgsrc/misc/tm

What I got so far
devel/pcre compiles and installs ok
devel/glib2 compiles ok but emits this warning

libtool: link: warning: this platform does not like uninstalled shared libraries

as well as

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lc.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libc and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/lib/pa20_64/./libc.2
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

sysutils/mc can be built but the resulting binary barely works, it
prints out this message and then exits
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied data symbol 'pcre_free' in load
module '/usr/pkg/lib/libglib-2.0.sl.2400'.

So the problem is related to shared libs that either the linker cannot
see or does not have enough information to use
HP advises on using their own aC++ compiler but I'd prefer to stay with gcc

What to do?