Re: Is pango still broken? (vim-gtk2 won't build)

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 05:21:20PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> (speculating) Then, gtk2 may be rebuilt, and be trying to link both base
> libpixman and pkgsrc libpixman from two different pc files, and this
> might fail.
>
> So once pkgsrc libpixman is built, and package depending on xsrc
> libpixman should be marked unsafe_depends.
>
> I don't think bulk builds solve this either - I think the really tricky
> part is when some programs require newer libpixman than the base
> demanded in builtin.mk and some don't.  The way to fix it may be to bump
> the base requirement in those cases, since a halfway-solution is a mess.
>
> I am not sure I really understand this though.

x11-links was bumped, so for bulk builds it should be fine, since all
dependencies of x11-links will be rebuilt.
Does pkg_rr consider BUILD_DEPENCIES when marking packages
unsafe_depends?

Even if not, this alone doesn't explain the failures people are seeing
to me yet...
 Thomas