Re: Is pango still broken? (vim-gtk2 won't build)

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 11:35:58AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 05:21:20PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > (speculating) Then, gtk2 may be rebuilt, and be trying to link both base
> > libpixman and pkgsrc libpixman from two different pc files, and this
> > might fail.
> >
> > So once pkgsrc libpixman is built, and package depending on xsrc
> > libpixman should be marked unsafe_depends.
> >
> > I don't think bulk builds solve this either - I think the really tricky
> > part is when some programs require newer libpixman than the base
> > demanded in builtin.mk and some don't.  The way to fix it may be to bump
> > the base requirement in those cases, since a halfway-solution is a mess.
> >
> > I am not sure I really understand this though.
>
> x11-links was bumped, so for bulk builds it should be fine, since all
> dependencies of x11-links will be rebuilt.
> Does pkg_rr consider BUILD_DEPENCIES when marking packages
> unsafe_depends?
>
> Even if not, this alone doesn't explain the failures people are seeing
> to me yet...

Indeed: I am seeing this _without_ using pkg_rr / pkg_rolling-replace.

A lead!

-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  245 Aug  3 18:33 /usr/X11R7/lib/pkgconfig/pixman-1.pc

That is old (0.18.2)! cf
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  372604 Sep 17 13:19 /usr/X11R7/lib/libpixman-1.so.2.1
which is 0.18.4.

This explains why pkgsrc pixman is used despite having a -current xsrc pixman.

Cheers,

Patrick