Re: Trying to boot from USB pendrive image on a netbook

    Date:        Wed, 12 Feb 2014 11:28:39 -0200
    From:        Michel Behr <michelbehr%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Do you think it would be possible to use the windows drivers for
  | atheros through ndiscvt?

Sorry, no idea, for me it isn't yet relevant, as NetBSD's X doesn't
support my graphics chip either, and that's a far more fundamental problem.

If you ave the time, it couldn't hurt to try.

  | 4. Buy an external USB wireless device. :-)

I have one of those, when I have occasionally run native NettBSD (ignoring X)
I have accessed wireless that way, it works, and isn't very expensive...

I have looked at digging bits out of the FreeBSD driver to add to athn in
NetBSD, but the drivers are structured very very differently...  And at the
minute my need is not urgent.   If it happened that a version of xorg in
NetBSD (system or pkgsrc) would support the nouveau driver, then I'd become
much more enthusiastic about the athn project...   (device drivers I can hack
on, including network drivers, but I'm not going anywhere near X!)

kre