Trying to boot from USB pendrive image on a netbook

Hi! This should an easy one: I'm trying to boot netbsd from an USB pendrive, but the pendrive just get ignored... I verified the images (I tried current i386, 6.1.3 i386, 6.1.3 amd64) and they are all OK - I tested booting them in virtualbox on Linux, and I get the installation screens just fine. I also tested md5sum, all good.

This has probably something to do with using the dd command. I tried first zero'ing the pendrive through:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=4k count=50000

just in case...  :-) And then writing the image with:

# dd if=netbsd.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4K

I'm trying to use the instructions from here:
http://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_install_netbsd_from_an_usb_memory_stick/

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something when trying to write the image with dd, probably the "zero" part... any hints?

Michel.