Re: Downloading NetBSD - Too complicated ?

Its not about changing netbsd characteristics, and it's not about just getting noobs to use netbsd, it's about after that getting a part of those to become devs and add to the project. Maybe they could help with testing, site maintenance, docs, promoting netbsd, etc. there are a lot of things these guys could do. If in a year 1000 additional people download netbsd because it's easier to get it, and 3 of them stick around to become testers, great, why not? This should be part of the project goals, getting volunteers to contribute in any way.

And they should have a path for them to learn more about netbsd and unix, and become netbsd devs themselves. Not because you guys care about them, but because they could work for the project.

On Friday, February 7, 2014, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
On 7 February 2014 14:05, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978%infinito.it@localhost> wrote:
> Beside, having a single click download and install procedure reminds
> me another operating system I don't use since a long time....

Which one? I can't think of any OS which can be installed with a
single click. If you're referring to Windows or Mac OS, they come
preloaded with the PC.

I have had the misfortune of working with "computer guru" colleagues
who found Windows 7 user interface too difficult.

--
Ottavio