Re: Old thinkpad and X11, 6.1.2 update

Hey Riccardo,

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:

>> I did boot -c, but while "disable acpi", is easy, I couldn't find pcibios,
>> pcibios* or something similar, neither with find, nor by wading through
>> "list"
>
> no one has an answer for me? :( I want to unbrick my ol' 600!

sorry for confusing you, the hint about pcibios applies to OpenBSD,
not NetBSD. The pcibios is an option, not a driver in NetBSD. AFAICS,
the GENERIC kernel does not even have PCIBIOS enabled. So if you want
to try it, I'd suggest compiling a new kernel with the following
additional options:

options PCIVERBOSE
options PCIBIOS # PCI BIOS support
options PCIBIOSVERBOSE # PCI BIOS verbose info

You can also try enabling one or more of these:

#options PCI_ADDR_FIXUP # fixup PCI I/O addresses
#options PCI_BUS_FIXUP # fixup PCI bus numbering
#options PCI_INTR_FIXUP # fixup PCI interrupt routing

Let me know if you need help compiling a kernel. The VERBOSE things
should make the kernel print more messages so you will have a chance
of seeing what's going on.

--Benny.