Re: Old thinkpad and X11, 6.1.2 update

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:47:06AM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> I can even do the following, most of the time it works
> 1) start with card plugged in, computer boots, network configured, start
> X, black screen, it hangs... pull out the PCMCIA card, it will recover
> and display a working X

What happens if you start X without it listening on the network:

startx -- -nolisten tcp

that should disable X listening on a network interface.  This means you
won't be able to remote display clients to the server but it may allow
you to start an X server and use it locally.

Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound -