Re: Old thinkpad and X11, 6.1.2 update

    Date:        Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:23:11 +0100
    From:        Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost>

  | Life without X11 is boring :) The only thing which I could still try is
  | to leave the network card in, but remove/rename the ifconfig.xx0 file.

I doubt that will make a difference - it sounds as if you have a hardware
resource conflict of some kind.

Post a dmesg for this system from soon after it has booted (the content
of /var/run/dmesg.boot should be fine) - there's no need to attempt starting
X for this, just want to see what interrupts, etc, have been assigned
for your network and display adaptor.

If you have (or can) install sysutils/acpidump, run that, and include its
output as well.

kre