Re: X11 makes black screen

Hi,

Matt Sporleder wrote:

Does dhcp change your hostname or mess with /etc/hosts much?

What if you startx before running dhclient?

It sounds like the display 0 gets corrupted or confused somehow.

if I startx, then run dhclient, the output will freeze (just the mouse cursor moves) just when dhclient spits out the first server request line, not even when it gets the address back.

So indeed there must be some kind of messing around, but I don't know what.

Riccardo
null