Re: X11 makes black screen

Hi,

Matt Sporleder wrote:
Does dhcp change your hostname or mess with /etc/hosts much?

What if you startx before running dhclient?

It sounds like the display 0 gets corrupted or confused somehow.

if I check "hostname" before/after dhclient it spits out the same value. I hope that is a definitive test. (I think you refer to getting your name changed to dhcp0 or something like that).

I don't know if it messes with hosts,w hat should I look for?

I'll do the startx without network, get network later test.

Riccardo