Re: X11 makes black screen

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

I get a single WW line... the log file doesn't have a single error, yet I
get a big black screen

Thanks all for the help: I actually got it working - even with the standard xorg.conf file generated, but I had to reboot. Once the screen goes black, something is probably corrupted and doesn't work.

I still get the Warning, but it is indeed a warning and not blocking.

One additional thing that confused me: I need a valid .xinitrc, wich I had for me as "user" but when starting as root, I had not and apparently there is no default and modern Xorg make a black screen, thus that was further adding confusion to my tests.

Riccardo