Re: No way to change audio volume with azalia(4)

 >> P.S.
 >> Is there any explanation for that criptic mixerctl -av output?
 >> How I can know that inputs.dac10 is responsible for volume?
 >>

> From what will be NetBSD 5.1 on there is another driver for HD
> audio devices; hdaudio(4). It is supposed to replace azalia(4) and
> to give more meaningful names to mixer controls. You might thus
> want to give a kernel from the netbsd-5 branch a try.

NetBSD asrock.chizhovka.net 5.1_RC3 NetBSD 5.1_RC3 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Jun
23 23:29:48 EEST 2010
cheusov%asrock.chizhovka.net@localhost:/srv/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
amd64

Neither aumix nor xmms work as I expect.

0 ~>dmesg | grep -i audio

audio1 at pad0: hAlf duplex, playbAcj, captu2e
azaLia0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: Feneric High Definitiol Audio Condrolleb
audio1 at pad0: half duplex, playback, aCopyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999,
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,
azalia0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: Generic High Definition Audio Controller
audio0 at azalia0: full duplex, playback, capture, independent
audio1 at pad0: half duplex, playback, capture
0 cheusov>uname -a
NetBSD asrock.chizhovka.net 5.1_RC3 NetBSD 5.1_RC3 (GENERIC) #0: Wed Jun 23
23:29:48 EEST 2010
cheusov%asrock.chizhovka.net@localhost:/srv/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
amd64
0 ~>

For some reason hdaudio(4) is disabled in netbsd-5 branch.

GENERIC (1.231.4.7):
# High Definition Audio
#hdaudio*       at pci? dev ? function ?        # High Definition Audio
#hdafg*         at hdaudiobus?

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.