Re: Aha2940 SCSI card support? (Also attendant SCSI Seagate drives)

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, Gregg Levine wrote:
My mistake. Yes this is the same system as before, except that I've
switched out the IDE gear for the SCSI ones, including replacing the
fixed disk drive with that Seagate one, and a IDE CD-R/W drive for a
SCSI one.

The CD only seemed to work on the system with the internal IDE system
active, as a opposed to the SCSI system, which is indeed using a
AHA-2940.

It sounds as though you are saying that you are unable to boot from CDROM when using a SCSI CD drive. This means it just isn't providing the right services to the BIOS. This isn't a NetBSD issue; you wouldn't be able to boot Windows or Linux either.

Is there any evidence that it's even attempting to boot from CD? Does it say anything relevant on the screen?

--
Stephen