Re: lighttpd issue

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 08:55:48PM -0500, Al - Image Hosting Services wrote:

> I would guess that it does try to map the whole file, but if the kernel is
> built with SOSEND_NO_LOAN, shouldn't this problem go away?

yes, and as you say, it already did.

> It doesn't wait
> in sokva, so did I create a new issue?

Apparently. Find out what lighttpd is now waiting for any you
can probably see the new bottleneck.

> Is there something else in the
> kernel that would be overwhelmed?

There can be many things, usually not in the kernel but in the
application itself. My guess is that you run out of file descriptors
on a very loaded webserver.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst