Re: wireless and auto configuration

On 28/06/2008, Cem Kayali <cemkayali%eticaret.com.tr@localhost> wrote:

>  By the way, the only annoying issue is that, once you restart network using
> /etc/rc.d/network (one)restart, then a second wpa_supplicant process become
> active, without killing first one. If you continue to restart, then computer
> (notebook) sometimes freezes.
>
>  By the way, i wonder why KDE network manager does not work on NetBSD...
>
>  Regards,
>

>  Cem Kayali wrote:
>

> > I've used wpa_supplicant for 'known' wpa/psk (aes/tkip) encrypted
> networks, it works well... but it needs manual configuration.
> Auto-configuration script would be great!..

I wonder whether it might be interesting to have a look how NWAM works
under Solaris - now enabled by default with OpenSolaris (NWAM is
NetWork AutoMagic -
svcadm disable network/physical:default && svcadm enable
network/physical:nwam works rather well, sometimes you might have to
swap it and then back, or you have to remove /etc/nwam/known_wifi_nets
).

> > Regards,
> >

> > David Brownlee wrote:

> wireless

> /etc/ifconfig.rum0

> packages,
> > > >

> > >    I used to use net/autonet which worked well until wiconfig -D
> > >    stopped working reliably for me :(
> > >
> > >    Now I tend to just use the wpa_supplicant that ships with NetBSD-4
> > >    which works well for *known* networks, be they WPA, WEP or
> > >    unencrypted.

/dev/random says:
        I always lie. In fact, I'm lying to you right now!
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014