Re: Building PCC for "tools" is broken (missing symbol __USE)- PCC bug or NetBSD source tree error?

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:27 PM, William D. Jones
<thor0505%comcast.net@localhost> wrote:
> I'm not sure why if MKPCC=yes and HAVE_PCC=yes, ./build.sh still wants
> libgcc, but I'll look into it. In any case, the solution I proposed is
> simply a stopgap until PCC can compile userland.
>
> Right now, there's at least four ways NetBSD can in theory be built:
> GCC tools, GCC release
> LLVM tools, LLVM release (undocumented?)
> PCC tools, PCC release
> EXTERNAL tools, GCC release

I got quite confused by the PCC config. I was trying to compile rump
kernel using EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN but it does not respect that and still
tries to compile gcc (I am fairly sure that all of the rump kernel can
be compiled by pcc alone but I can provide an external gcc too). Will
have another look at it.

Justin