Re: Building PCC for "tools" is broken (missing symbol __USE)- PCC bug or NetBSD source tree error?

-----Original Message----- From: Iain Hibbert
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 5:43 PM
To: William D. Jones
Cc: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Building PCC for "tools" is broken (missing symbol __USE)- PCC bug or NetBSD source tree error?

also, you should probably use HAVE_GCC=48 since that is the version in
use, and the version number is checked sometimes for various features

I removed the conditional logic for MKGCC. I'll give a more complete update later, but believe it or not, setting HAVE_GCC=48 while MKGCC=no and MKPCC=yes actually causes the variable ${EXTERNAL_GCC_SUBDIR} (lib/Makefile, line 9) to not be expanded AT ALL when searching for libgcc to add to the list of build targets. This baffles me, because bs.own.mk in $NETBSD_SRC/share/mk has an else statement which should prevent this at line 86-88, but the logic is not firing. Setting HAVE_GCC=4 SEEMS to solve the problem- at least, libgcc gets added to the list of targets and is found.

--
William D. Jones
Rowan University | ECE | 2012