Re: plist output (was: Rescan for ahcisata ?)

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:34:02 -0600
David Young <> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 06:45:34AM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> > # drvctl -p atabus0 interface-attributes
> > Array:
> If printing 'Array:' is intentional, be sure to suppress it when the
> flag -n is given.  (Looks like I didn't update the manual page, oops.)
> I think that filtering the propery list by keys should be left to some
> other tool, e.g., one of the xmltools.  In the xmlgrep syntax, the
> command would be:
>        drvctl -p atabus0 | xmlgrep '//interface-attributes'
> BTW, I am looking for a volunteer to work on xmltools.  Anyone?

I was precisely about to ask if it'd be desirable to have a command to
simply load a plist it's fed and output it in a human readable form:

behemoth# drvctl -pn wd0
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
<plist version="1.0">

behemoth# drvctl -pn wd0 | plist-humanize
device-driver = wd
device-unit = 0
disk-info =
 geometry =