Re: Rescan for ahcisata ?

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:

What would it take to implement DRVRESCANBUS for ahcisata?  Seems to
me it would be quite useful to attach and detach external drives at

drvctl -a ata_hl -r atabus<N>

Perfect - thanks!

I'm not sure if it is possible, but it would certainly be helpful if a better error message could be reported.

        # drvctl -r atabus0
        drvctl: DRVRESCANBUS: Invalid argument

Is EINVAL (Invalid argument) a standard return value for when a driver requires an attribute? If yes, perhaps it should be documented in the man page?

Is anyone working on a way to retrieve the possible attributes? If I could figure this out, would anyone object to adding a -L (or -A) option to drvctl to display a list of possible attributes?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |