Re: Rescan for ahcisata ?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

I meant, a command line example with output. With just the diff and
your explanation above (as well as other mails in this threads) I
still don't know what difference your patch would make.

Ah, I see.

I had included a sample of the new output from 'drvctl -p' (show propery dictionary) which includes the new information. Here it is again:

# drvctl -p atabus0
Properties for device `atabus0':
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>device-driver</key>
        <string>atabus</string>
        <key>device-unit</key>
        <integer>0x0</integer>
        <key>interface-attributes</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>attribute-name</key>
                        <string>ata_hl</string>
                        <key>locators</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>drive</string>
                        </array>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                        <key>attribute-name</key>
                        <string>atapi</string>
                </dict>
        </array>
</dict>
</plist>

There is a new optional array of (sub)dictionaries for the interface-
attributes.  It will not be present if there are no possible children.

In each interface-attribute's dictionary, there is an optional array of locators in addition to the interface's name.

With some minor modifications to drvctl(8) (which I'm also working on), you could request only the interface-attributes info using the command:

# drvctl -p atabus0 interface-attributes
Array:

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |