Re: (amd64) Strange browser problem

Quoting Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> (Sat, 13 Aug 2011 02:00:49
-0700 (PDT)):
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> >> I even removed firefox completely, and installed seamonkey instead,
> >> and still the problem persists!
> >
> > Given how much firefox and seamonkey have in common, I'm not sure
> > how much that proves.
>
> I'm going to see if opera works...

If it doesn't, here's another thought: the problem could be at the
networking/firewall level.  I'm no web programmer, but as I understand
it one common usage pattern with javascript nowadays is to keep a
connection open to the server and download data asynchronously (so that
you can update page content without reloading the whole page).  If
something was closing or blocking that background connection I guess
you might see symptoms such as you describe, and it would be
independent of browser.

Do the completion suggestions show up when you type into the
search box on the Google main page?  Since they appear without page
implemented using such a background connection.

--
Ian D. Leroux <idleroux%fastmail.fm@localhost>