Re: amd64 system powering down

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 08:49:14PM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
> ks%ub.uni-mainz.de@localhost (Kurt Schreiner) writes:
>
> From http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thermal_Sensors#ThinkPad_T43.2C_T43p
Thanks for the link! Didn't know about this...

> [...]
> >             TMP3:    107.000                                degC
>
> GPU
>
> So yes, that's the ATI chip heating up.
Yep. But I wonder whats up with this on my t43p. From your last mail:

> [...]
>               TMP3:     44.000 degC
> [...]
On mine (running -current, being idle besides typing this mail):
                TMP3:     77.000 degC

I think I'll open the case and have a look at the "cooling infrastructure".
Maybe there's something defective or loose or...

Kurt