Re: amd64 system powering down

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Each time I have tried to build openoffice2 on a NetBSD/amd64 4.99.67
> system it has powered down. No logs.
>
> I guess it overheated but don't know (need to watch in real time maybe).
>
> It is a Compaq Presario V2658US (V2000) notebook with AMD Turion 64 Mobile
> Processor.
>
> My dmesg is at
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amd64/2008/06/28/msg000339.html
>
> Anything I should look at or check?
>
> The system ran fine before moving to NetBSD a few days ago.
>
> (I have been testing a sdhc/sdmmc kernel, but I think that is unrelated as
> it also crashed once without that custom kernel.)

Any thoughts on this? It is crashing frequently and no logs. I had it show
the temperature every couple seconds and it last printed:

                Current      Max      Min      Avg     Unit
temperature:     84.000   86.000   81.000   83.667     deg

So I don't think it was temperature issue. (My critical is 106 I think.)

The "systat vmstat" when it crashed showed:

Proc:r  d  s  w     Csw    Trp    Sys   Int   Sof    Flt      PAGING   SWAPPING
     1     7         18            64    22    54             in  out   in  out
                                                        ops
   0.0% Sy 100.0% Us   0.0% Ni   0.0% In   0.0% Id    pages
|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
                                                                          fkppw
           memory totals (in kB)              22 Interrupts               fksvm
          real  virtual     free                 ioapic0 pin 21           pwait
Active  123332   123332   648808                 ioapic0 pin 1            relck
All     224844   224844  1697880                 ioapic0 pin 12           rlkok
                                              22 ioapic0 pin 19           noram
Namei         Sys-cache     Proc-cache           ioapic0 pin 14           ndcpy
    Calls     hits    %     hits     %           ioapic0 pin 15           fltcp
      163      163  100                          ioapic0 pin 18           zfod
                                                 ioapic0 pin 17           cow
Disks:   wd0   cd0   md0                                               64 fmin
 seeks                                                                 85 ftarg
 xfers                                                                    itarg
 bytes                                                                252 wired
 %busy                                                                    pdfre

Is there anything I can enable to log details or debugging? (But since it
powers down maybe too late.)