Re: amd64 system powering down

ks%ub.uni-mainz.de@localhost (Kurt Schreiner) writes:

>Hm, I think I've tracked my problem down to the following: Doesn't matter
>what kernel I use, just switching from X11 to console via F1 brings the
>notebook down in a minute or so. One of the temperature sensors goes from
>ca. 70 degC to over 110 degC and eventually the beast is shut down by the
>BIOS...

Hmm, the only thing heating up here (T43p with 2.2GHz Dothan) is
the CPU when busy. The BIOS shuts it off at about 95 degC, but
with a little 'undervolting' and keeping the fan clean this doesn't
happen anymore. This is netbsd-4 with a few extras when idle:

                   TMP0:     47.000 degC
                   TMP1:     41.000 degC
                   TMP2:     29.000 degC
                   TMP3:     44.000 degC