Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/fonts/dejavu-ttf

On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 14:22:29 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> Essentially, just like with switching X11 from native to modular, you'd
>> probably have to rebuild all when you switch from
>> PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS=-x11 to a setup based on X11.
>
> Yes, but I thought we were talking about making it optional to skip
> things all the time, rather than adding an x11 option to every font
> package.

You mean, like a global switch that optionally disables registering
installed fonts?

>  If all font packages have an option to skip registration, I
> don't see that we need to make pkg-install-time registration conditional
> on the environment.

Right, agreed.

But when you later decide to have mkfontdir register the fonts (because
you found you wanted X11 after all), you wouldn't have a way of
tracking down the fonts installed so far, or would you?

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344