Re: Deciding on wich variant(s) of OpenBLAS library to install

Am Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:57:42 +0100
schrieb "Dr. Thomas Orgis" <thomas.orgis%uni-hamburg.de@localhost>:

> Hm, so you say that instead of hacking library flags into packages'
> build systems, we should hack .pc file usage into them? I guess
> --with-blas=$(pkgconfig --libs blas) is what you mean, then, instead of
> putting in a variable BLAS_LIBS or so?

> We might decide to use or not to use blas.pc in future

A thought on that: There is one strong(ish) reason to use a generic
BLAS_LIBS variable instead of enforcing use of a .pc file installed
with pkgsrc. When one builds pkgsrc with the Intel compiler suite (or
Pgi, for that matter, if that is supported in future), one usually wants
to tell pkgsrc BLAS_LIBS=-mkl to make the Intel compiler include the
optimized BLAS it ships with.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--