Re: GSOC Project: Merge code from two Realtek Wifi Drivers

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 05:51:14PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Sugam Srivastava <srivastavasugam99%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K1BFeZUstc4vjvpbGWo7UUm6SkSik6QxMdm4bxHMmtQ/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I'm not involved in GSOC mentoring (long discussion omitted), but in
> NetBSD culture you should be aware that several things are not greeted
> by wild enthusiasm:
>
>   proprietary formats like .docx (maybe I am blurring you with someone
>   else)
>
>   links to centralized services run by advertising companies

Hey Greg,

I understand well where you are coming from (and I usually do not open
any links mailed on our [or other] mailing lists), but I'd like to
clarify some things in defense of the students here:

 - It is Google Summer of Code - and of course they encourage students
   to use the Google tools for early sharing of drafts.
 - It only needed plain Firefox on my NetBSD machine to view the draft
   on google docs - no downloading of proprietary or whatever
   files

If the draft at this stage needed any of the formatting sugar is another
thing, but students often try to show they invested effort in the draft
by beautifying it like this.

Sugam, I'll answer separately for the content of the draft.

Martin