Re: GSOC Project: Merge code from two Realtek Wifi Drivers

On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 10:38:23AM +0530, Sugam Srivastava wrote:
> To whomever it may concern,
> I have completed all the tutorials and have started working on my
> proposal for the project. I have a couple of questions regarding the
> project:
> 1. In which file would be put the merged code for the two drivers

We typically split it up like:

 - sys/dev/ic/if_rt.... (where ... could be some chipset number typical
   for this realtek family). There would be .c and .h files.
 - sys/dev/pci/if_rtwn.c the pci specific parts of the driver, using the
   code from dev/ic as a "library"
 - sys/dev/usb/if_urtwn.c the usb specific parts

> 2. I also have trouble deciding the deliverables for the evaluation. I
> am thinking of dividing code into 2 parts and making each of them the
> deliverables for the evaluations.

In this case I don't think this makes much sense, as you have to understand
the common parts first, so you can not finish one driver and then do the
other.

Martin