Re: SS20 SBus & burst modes (Re: SBus driver & burst (>32 bits) accesses)

Le sam. 19 déc. 2020 à 18:01, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> a écrit :
> I might have a spare 4MB VSIMM somewhere, I added SX support for both
> kernel and X a while ago.

Thanks for the offer! It seems there's some left in Germany as well,
they might be easier to get to France; and you might need the HW to keep
up the great work on NetBSD/sparc :-)

> That being said, the main reason we don't have rasterflex support is
> lack of hardware in my hands.I've been regularly checking ebay for any
> non-Sun SBus graphics hardware, with very little success.

At some point there were some Rasterflex HR on ebay.de, but I haven't
seen one in a while...

> Someone(tm) send me an mgx ( basically a 4MB PCI VGA behind a custom
> SBus-PCI bridge thing ), which has driver support now. Got to finish hw
> acceleration in X, 24bit works.

Nice. So you can do a SBus-PCI bridge... I wonder if it would be possible
to make a SBus-PCIe bridge in a FPGA :-) Any reference on the bridge
you could share ?

> Also, I've seen a few S24 floating around on ebay, usually mislabeled
> as SBus.

That's what I'm looking for.

> Here's one (...)
> Says he ships only to the US but who knows, one can always ask.

Shipping from the US to France is usually too expensive to be worthwhile :-(
I still can give it a go just in case.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau