Re: SS20 SBus & burst modes (Re: SBus driver & burst (>32 bits) accesses)

Le ven. 18 déc. 2020 à 19:28, Chase Rayfield <cusbrar2%yahoo.com@localhost> a écrit :
> I have the only other hyperstation 30 hardware that I know of (...) (I also aquired an AG10E months back).

I never could find either a HyperStation (of any model, or in fact any
post-SS2 clone/compatible; my SS2 is actually an AXIL HWS210) or an
AG10E :-(
If you ever manage to get the HS30 to boot, I'd like to know the
attributes of the SBus :-)

> Is your ram fully populated and you are not using  a vsimm.

This particular machine has 8x64 MiB and a pair of SM61. I never could
find a VSIMM of any kind for my SS20s, either, or a TCX for my SS5. I
mostly use TGX[+] and a RasterFlex HR, which unfortunately doesn't do
24 bits in NetBSD... you need Solaris for it.

France doesn't seem to have been a big Sun (or clone/compatible) area,
at least not for the less common hardware of the later Sun4 era (we
did have local 'cloners' in the Sun3 era, basically rebadged Sun HW).
Dunno why, though we had our own Unix manufacturers (e.g. Bull did
MIPS-based and PowerPC-based systems) which may have reduced Sun's
market share.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau