Re: c-icap-modules not available anymore on pkgin command

Andries Annema <an3s.annema%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Yeah, I have been doing some testing with Percona 8 from pkgsrc by now
> as well, and modified my scripts - which ease my deployments big time
> -
> such, that I can easily choose pkgsrc/Percona or
> omniosce/MariaDB. Turned a hiccup into an improvement. Awesome. ;-)

Please be careful of your terminology.  pkgsrc does not have percona,
but the joyent fork of pkgsrc does.

> Regarding the other matters in this thread however, I see that
> 'c-icap', 'c-icap-modules' and 'clamav' are still available on the
> *Joyent pkgsrc builds*, but '*squid*' and '*squid-clamav*' are gone
> since the 2019Q3 release. I am using these altogether in multiple
> setups and am planning on more deployments still.
> Can anyone (Jonathan maybe?) point out if there is any hope on these
> packages coming back to the repo or am I really the only one using
> these from here and am I better of getting them elsewhere?

Presumably you mean "joyent builds of the joyent pkgsrc fork".

(I don't mean to criticize or object to what joyent is doing, but
talking about it as if it *is* exactly pkgsrc is certainly going to
confuse people.)