Re: Running NetBSD installer on VM to install on real disk [Was: NetBSD 9.3 UEFI...]

On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 12:10:02PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> >  2) install (e.g. from the USB install image) by selecting "preconfigured
> >     wedges (dk(4))" in the target disk selection and picking the root
> >     partition you added in (1)

I forgot - this is slightly different in -current, all the preexisting
partitions are combined into a submenu (because this is a rarely used
"expert mode - I know what I am doing" kind of option).

> There are multiple ways to select the disk. In this[1] post I have written
> what happens with each. If I am not wrong, I think the option 3 in that
> post where I choose disk by uuid which is followed by (@dk(5)), is what
> this means. If yes, it just brings me back to the main menu of the
> installer.

That sounds like a bug.

Martin