Re: Running NetBSD installer on VM to install on real disk [Was: NetBSD 9.3 UEFI...]

On Sat, Dec 03, 2022 at 02:50:00PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
>  1) add partition(s) for NetBSD (root mandatory, swap optional)
>     - you can do this manually from any other OS if it allows you to
>       force a specific GPT type for the partition
>     - you can do this from the install medium and abort the installation
>       after partitions have been created

This part is ok, I guess. On Linux the partition appears as:

    /dev/sda6  1020473344 1951473663 931000320 443.9G NetBSD FFS

>  2) install (e.g. from the USB install image) by selecting "preconfigured
>     wedges (dk(4))" in the target disk selection and picking the root
>     partition you added in (1)

There are multiple ways to select the disk. In this[1] post I have written
what happens with each. If I am not wrong, I think the option 3 in that
post where I choose disk by uuid which is followed by (@dk(5)), is what
this means. If yes, it just brings me back to the main menu of the
installer.

If you meant something else by preconfigured wedges, kindly elaborate.

--
Mayuresh

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2022/12/02/msg029308.html