Re: Running NetBSD installer on VM to install on real disk [Was: NetBSD 9.3 UEFI...]

On Sat, Dec 03, 2022 at 08:37:33AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I am running into several problems described on previous title of this
> thread, on GPT partitioned disk and with UEFI boot.

As a last resort I tried installation on to a USB stick. Things went fine
till configuration stage. When setting root password it just hung and had
to be power cycled.

So I changed the USB stick, and later on the laptop to an older non UEFI
one. In each attempt somewhere the things got stuck, finally corrupting
the installation image also.

Not sure whether it's just a bad day...

I think I'll wait for next major release before retrying NetBSD on a
laptop.

--
Mayuresh