Re: Alternative DVCS to git: hg?

On 2019-04-17 16:04, Andreas Krey wrote:
On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 14:17:19 +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
On the other hand, if you expect "svn commit" to send the entire
snapshot of your local copy to the repository, this is totally absurd.

No, I expect it to atomically *check* whether the tree is up to date.
Simply so I can actually control what the next revision is going to be -
that it is not going to break tests etc. (I have to say that I did not
even know this particular trap before this thread.)

Uh... If you want to make sure the tree is up to date, you should do a svn update, not svn commit. There is even a switch to just do the check without actually updating your local files...

But I would have thought/assumed you knew that.

  Johnny