Re: Alternative DVCS to git: hg?

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 09:10:28 +0000, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Are you saying that subversion would interleave two commits? Commits in
> subversion are supposed to be atomic. And each commit gets a
> monotonically increasing commit number. Which also gives you in which
> order the commits happened.

Correct, but subversion does not guarantee that the commit you make
is actually made on the revision in your sandbox. I can add an
'#include <yours.h>', and all tests work locally, while you
commit the removal of yours.h. I still can commit my change,
resulting in a broken revision without any indication - or way
to avoid that.

(That 'svn log' won't even show my own commit afterwards
(or yours before) is another one of svn's many idiosyncrasies.)

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>