My thinking about the ip address on the bridge interface is just that I find it more natural to think of the bridge as represented by the bridge interface, and not some individual physical interface that is a part of it. But in the end, it's just that you need a local IP address, and a path out on your bridged network from the local host. If you accomplish that through one of the participating physical interfaces, or through the bridge interface is in the end a minor detail.

And no, you would not manage that through brconfig, but through ifconfig, which is the tool through which you set ip addresses on interfaces. The bridge interface is not so different from any other interface.

	Johnny

On 2017-07-19 23:02, Derrick Lobo wrote:
Yes I have routing and running DHCP/DNS on this device..

As for IP address on the bridge interface I did try it, but it may have not
worked since I did not have the ifconfig file with "UP" in them.. I have two
static IPs on LAN so im not sure if an alias would work on a bridge
interface since I don’t see an option on brconfig for it.  But yes seems
like it will work if I have just one LAN IP address(I run an app on the
alias interface.).

Derrick Lobo