From: Francisco Valladolid H. [mailto:ficovh%gmail.com@localhost]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2017 6:41 AM
To: Derrick Lobo; netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: creating a netbsd router

Hi folks

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 4:06 AM Derrick Lobo <derrick.lobo%givex.com@localhost> wrote:

I have a device with 8 network interface,so wondering if I can set this up as my router/switch

Ok

I would like to create eth0 as the WAN interface and the remaining eth1-6 as the LAN interface so that I can connect multiple switches and devices directly on the 7 remaining ports.. is vlan, bridging the way to go .. linux uses bonding and im not sure if freebsds lagg is the same thing.. Anyone can provide information or link on how I can achieve this.

Yes you can. You can use bridging, setting VLAN and agrégate interfaces like Linux with the agr(4)

So eth0  would have a public Ip while the rest ports would have one LAN IP whichis basically a 192.168.0.1  ip  and Irun DHCP namedb etc on these interface to support my LAN.

Yes, eth0 can be wan with the public IP and the rest can be LAN, setting dhcp over any interfaz and setting a DNS cache.

Please review the npf.conf manual for information about the firewall program

Bes regards.

Thanks

Derrick Lobo

--