Re: creating a netbsd router

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 10:01 AM, Derrick Lobo <derrick.lobo%givex.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> So does that means each of the interface has an ip eg 192.168.0.1 on wm1
> 192.168.0.2 on wm2 and so on and then just bridge all the interface. Ill try
> that . for now only wm1 had an ip the rest did not have an ifconfig.wmx file

I have a setup more or less like what I think you are interested in: 1 uplink port and 3 bridged ports.

The uplink port is just marked up in its ifconfig file and gets its IP via dhcp from upstream.

Only one of the 3 bridged ports is assigned an IP; the rest are just marked up in their ifconfig files.  All four ports have individual ifconfig files.

My ifconfig.bridge0 file looks like this:

create
!brconfig $int \
        add wm1 \
        add wm2 \
        add wm3 \
        up

Whatever is plugged into any of the 3 bridged ports just communicate amongst themselves just like a “real” switch.

I hope this helps (and is close to what you need).

Cheers,
Brook