Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

> I'm curious: who else uses these?  Can there be a bit of show of hands?
Anyone who cares to write comprehensive/printable documentation besides man
pages? People who want some equations and schematics in their paper without
wasting 100MB for teTeX/texlive?

> I've seen about a dozen groff-mandoc arguments [...] and they always come
> down to (1) legacy documents lying around in base and (2) a small but vocal
> minority who use troff on a regular basis [...] I'm not concerned with (2),
> as pkgsrc will do, but I wonder about how valid (1) is in practise.
*roff isn't just -man and -mdoc. There are also -ms, -me and -mm and I would
find having to install *roff from pkgsrc a big nuisance, especially on
machines which don't need pkgsrc at all in the first place. You end up also
installing lots of other unused packages, like libtool, gettext and texinfo,
to mention just a few. Eventually it takes much more disk space than *roff in
base. Not everybody has tens of megabytes free, you know.

Regards