Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:36:34PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Look at the entire contents of /usr/src/share/doc/{psd,smm,usd}.  Perhaps
> you think losslessly transforming them into human-maintainable form
> in some other markup syntax would be trivial.  If that's the case, please
> let me know when you've actually done the work.

Yes, those are the known examples to which I earlier referred as "legacy
documents". Judging from the CVS logs, the word legacy is indeed appropriate.
And those are not installed in any human readable format by default, at least
as far as I know.

Finally, I question that anyone will find particularly relevant
documentation about the NetBSD operating system in the year 2010 from
/usr/src/share/doc/{psd,smm,usd}. That said, kudos to Perry E. for
updating some of these.

- Jukka.