Re: Scripts with PHP shebang & mbedtls (wip/hiawatha)

"Hauke Fath (SPG)" <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> writes:

> On 2024-03-25 15:32, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> IMHO, installing scripts with missing interpreters is not a good thing.
>> I'm not sure that we prohibit it in the guide, but I lean to saying it
>> should not happen.  It basically moves dependency management to be
>> manual.
>
> I would argue that webserver related things are an exception - we do
> not mandate an apache dependency for anything that might want to
> render html.

That's different.  Here we are talking about "program is installed in
sbin but when running it, it will fail", not "there is content that
someone might want to serve via a web server but not a web server".  But
agreed that there is a line and it's a bit messy.