Re: Perl5 update

Am 06.06.2014 um 01:47 schrieb OBATA Akio <>:

> On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 01:56:00 +0900, Jens Rehsack <>
> wrote:
>>> After following changes
>>> native perl is usable if it satisfies whole dependencies related to perl
>> I'm very surprised how you deal with
>> devel/p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker for system perl and a 2nd
>> devel/p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker for pkgsrc perl
>> I rate the idea itself as dangerous.
> In my point of view, I want to use packages requiring perl as a tool.
> Not for perl itself, including additional perl modules.
> Please look at the diff, only for USE_TOOLS=perl.

I think you understand my concerns regarding reliable packages being
built. And I trust in your senior skills and see where it leads :)

The commit-msg was a bit misleading and you might know ENOTIME issues ;)

But you might agree that the style of p5-IO-Async's Makefile is
optimal for your use-case. Digging ~700 entries in an additional table
in mk/ would complicate that decision.

> The next step is split runtime and buildtime dependency handling,
> to improve cross build support.

Please feel encouraged to go ahead and take my concerns as a
chance to improve ;)

Jens Rehsack
pkgsrc, Perl5